How to Share Airtime On MTN – Airtime transfer is a popular way for individuals in Nigeria and other countries where MTN operates to gift airtime to their loved ones. This practice has existed for many years and helps ensure people do not run out of airtime on their mobile devices.
The MTN Share was previously known as Share ‘N’ Sell; it is a convenient service provided by MTN that enables you to transfer airtime (credit) from your MTN account to the accounts of other MTN customers.
MTN Share is available to new and current prepaid and postpaid customers using the MTN network. The good news is that you can now transfer airtime completely free.
Methods of Airtime Transfer on MTN Network
There are three methods in which you can use to transfer airtime on the MTN Network.
Below are some methods you used to transfer airtime on MTN Network.
- By Using MTN USSD code
- By Using SMS
- By using my app feature
How to change your MTN Transfer PIN
To transfer airtime, you must modify the default PIN, initially set at 0000.
To modify your MTN Share PIN, you have two options.
- The first option is to use an SMS
- The second method is by using the MTN USSD Code
How to change your MTN Airtime Transfer PIN Using an SMS
The following are steps to change your MTN airtime transfer PIN using a Text Message.
- First of all, you have to locate and open the messaging app on your smartphone,
- After that, create a new message.
3. After creating a new message, type using the following format: “Default PIN New PIN New PIN.” For instance, you would send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 321.
4. After typing your message, you then proceed and send the message to this number 312.
This is How to Share Airtime On MTN using PIN.
How to change your MTN Airtime Transfer PIN Using MTN USSD Code
Using the USSD Code to Transfer Airtime is one of the simplest ways of transferring airtime on the MTN Network without any stress.
The following are steps to change your MTN airtime transfer PIN using the MTN USSD Code.
- You should locate and open the dialer app on your smartphone
- Dial the following code: *321#.
2. choose the “Airtime Share” option from the menu on the given list.
3. Then select the “Change PIN” in the option.
4. After choosing the option, you will be asked to enter your old PIN, your default PIN (0000).
5. Upon entering your default PIN, you will be prompted to enter a New PIN
6. After entering your New PIN, you will be prompted to confirm your New PIN again, and you are done.
Alternatively, dial *321*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN# on your phone and press send/OK. For example, you would dial *321*0000*1234*1234# and then tap send/OK.
Once you have successfully modified your PIN using either of the methods above, you will promptly receive an SMS notification confirming the successful change of your PIN.
How to Transfer Airtime Using SMS on MTN Network
Do you know you can transfer MTN Airtime using SMS? The Method below will give a comprehensive guide on transferring Airtime on the MTN Network using a text message.
To transfer airtime from your MTN line to another MTN number using a text message, follow these steps below:
1. You should open your messaging app on your phone and create a new message.
2. Type your message by using the following format: “Transfer>< Recipient’s>< Number>< Amount>< PIN><”. For instance, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08012345678 2000 1234’.
3. When you are done typing your message, you can then send the message to this number 321.
Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 321. Once the transfer is complete, you will receive a message notifying you that the transfer was successful.
How to Transfer Airtime Using the MTN USSD Code
Transferring airtime using the MTN USSD Code is very easy. The following process below will guide you on transferring Airtime Using the MTN USSD Code.
Following the steps below to transfer airtime from your MTN line to another MTN number using the MTN USSD Code.
1. Locate and open the dialer app on your phone
- Dial using the following code *321#.
- Then, you choose the “Transfer Airtime” option.
- Then, you enter the recipient phone number you wish to send the airtime to.
- After entering the receiver’s phone number, enter the amount of airtime you want to send.
- Then, you enter your MTN Transfer PIN.
On the other hand, to transfer airtime using MTN USSD Code, you can dial *321*Receiver’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your mobile device and then press send/OK. For instance, dial *321*08012345678*2000*1234# and then tap send/OK.
Once the transfer is complete, you will receive a notification notification that the transfer was successful.
How to Transfer Airtime using the MyMTN App
To initiate Airtime sharing through myMTN App, follow the steps given below.
1. Make sure you locate and open the myMTN app on your smartphone (Download the app on Play Store or App Store if you don’t have it and complete the registration process).
2. Login to the App, locate, and tap the “Recharge” option.
3. from there, choose “MTN Share” in the option given.
4. After that, you input the number of the receiver
5. Then you input the amount you desire to send
6. You then input your Transfer PIN
7. Lastly, you then Tap proceed.
Once you carefully follow the steps correctly, the airtime transfer will be deducted from your principal airtime balance and added to the recipient’s balance.
Please take note of the following important Notice:
– Airtime transfers can only be made in Naira amounts, not Kobo. For example, you can transfer NGN91.00, but not NGN91.99.
– The minimum amount you can transfer in a single transaction is NGN50.00, while the maximum is NGN5,000.00 (five thousand Naira).
– You can transfer up to a total of NGN50,000.00 (fifty thousand Naira) from your phone daily to either a single MTN account or multiple MTN accounts.
– You should note that there is no limit to the number of transactions you can make daily.
– As for the prepaid users, if your MTN prepaid account doesn’t have sufficient airtime to cover the transfer amount you requested, the transaction will not go through, and you will receive an error message.
– And For postpaid customers, airtime transfers can only be made when your account is in a positive balance. You will not be able to transfer airtime if your account is negative.
Rounding Up- How to transfer Airtime on MTN Network
Airtime transfer is a great way to show a simple and kind gesture to your loved ones, and MTN provides various options to make this service convenient and safe.
However, it is essential to exercise caution to avoid sending airtime to the wrong recipient or transferring more than intended. Use the MTN Share feature to spread love among your family and friends. We have discussed several means that you can use to transfer airtime on the MTN Network.
How to Share Airtime On MTN