Are you looking for How to edit sent messages on WhatsApp? In talks, typos, and grammatical errors are frequent, mainly when you are on the move or typing manually. Editing the already delivered content is more practical for both parties, even though you may follow up with a correction or recover the message. The world’s most popular messaging app, WhatsApp, launched a feature to allow users to edit text messages to correct such errors, following in the footsteps of iMessage and Telegram.
Have you mistakenly WhatsApped the wrong event time to a friend or loved one? Edit the message immediately to prevent misunderstanding and blunders caused by your typo. WhatsApp messages that have already been sent on iPhone and Android phones can be edited.
How to edit sent messages on WhatsApp
Before we start, let’s define a few rules. If not, it’s possible that the message editing feature won’t work as intended.
- The Edit option won’t be available on previous versions of WhatsApp. Install WhatsApp’s most recent version on your Android or iPhone.
- Additionally, WhatsApp must function on the recipient’s phone and be the most recent version.
- You have 15 minutes to change the message after it has been sent. The Edit menu option then disappears.
- Only the gadget from which the WhatsApp message was sent can be used to modify a sent message. You cannot send a message from your Android phone and then change it later using the desktop software. To edit the text, you must use the original device.
Now that you know the conditions for changing a sent message let’s see how WhatsApp works. Your modifications are end-to-end encrypted, just like your average WhatsApp messages, calls, and media.
Steps in editing WhatsApp sent messages on iPhone
Follow these instructions to correct conversation errors using WhatsApp on an iPhone.
- The iPhone version of WhatsApp opens a conversation thread.
- Long-tap a message to bring up the floating menu, then select Edit.
- Tap the checkbox after you type a new message.
- WhatsApp doesn’t notify users when messages are modified. The timestamp of the message is likewise unaltered.
Steps in editing WhatsApp sent messages on Android devices.
- Open a discussion in WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- To modify a message, long tap on it.
- In the top-right corner, tap the three-dot menu.
- Choose Edit
- Correct any mistakes you see or type a new message, then touch the checkbox next to it.
Only the new message and the Edited banner are shown to the recipient.
It’s a good feature that keeps you out of awkward situations. You are unable to alter sent messages beyond the 15-minute grace period. To send an SMS again, you must remove the message for everyone. A sent message can be reversed on WhatsApp for up to 48 hours. You should have two days to correct your error and erase the message on both sides.